Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pancakes

Sunday mornings when I wake up, life on the farm has started.  The rest of my house wakes up around 7:00, has breakfast, and goes about their day.  I on the other hand have been conditioned over the past few years of college to stay in bed Sunday morning and many times not see morning at all...

But, since the commotion of the house often wakes me up earlier...I wind up hanging out in bed until around 10, until it gets uncomfortable.  By then I'm hungry.  The first couple of weeks I just had some oatmeal and called it a meal.  But then I thought to myself, "Why not make pancakes?"
Of course most pancakes I'm used to making from home involve the "just add water" technique. And still turn out pretty delicious. Seriously though, try Snoqualmie Falls Lodge pancake mix.

So I set out on a mission. I promised myself, by the time I left Denmark I'd have created the perfect from scratch pancake recipe.  It started with a casual internet search for the most basic recipe I could find, tweaking it based on what was in the fridge, and adding a few other fun things.  Kiwi yogurt adds an interesting flavor to pancakes. (Kiwi believe it or not)

I am pleased to announce that after three weeks I have done it!  Here a triumphant picture of last Sunday's breakfast.


Of course for scientific reasons and consistency I'll have to make them again this weekend to make sure it is indeed perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss your cooking. These look very good! m