Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wrapping Up

Since getting back from Prague things have started wrapping up very quickly.  In Denmark May is a great month for holidays.  There are many long weekends because of national holidays.  Normally there is only one full week of school in May.  And I have also had most of my weekends busy with various things.  So May has gone very fast.  Last week we went on a walking/ camping tour.  All of the students left from the school and walked 7 miles out to our camping site.  There are a lot of little parks all over Denmark with cool little shelters you can sleep in.

Just like these, only not as nice...

It was a fun trip. Although I think it was a little long. All in all the students walked 15 miles in two days.




Besides just having a bunch of delightful long weekends, most of them have been busy.  Two weekends ago I went down to Vejlefjord again to visit some students for the last time before I come home. This last weekend was camp meeting at a place called Himmerlandsgården.  It was an excellent weekend to see friends, meet new people, and what would an Adventist gathering be without Haystacks.  Although I can't wait to be back to American Haystacks, the European ingredients are not my thing.  One thing that I discovered at Camp Meeting is that in that particular area I am allergic to pretty much everything that grows from the ground.  So even though it was fun, it was simultaneously miserable beyond belief. How's that for your daily juxtaposition.

I am now in my last week of teacher here at Østervrå Friskole.  My last 2 days actually.  I can't believe that these five months have come to an end already.  I definitely believe that I was called here for a reason.  Before I took this job here at such a small school I would have never thought of taking a job at a small school.  I know there are a bunch of small Adventist schools all over the country. And in planning my life the way I wanted it, I did not see myself enjoying a small school.  But God had different plans.  I believe the reason I was invited here was to show me the benefits of such a small school size.  So it is those benefits that lead me to taking a job in Idaho at a small Adventist school of about 15 kids.  I'll be the only teacher and principal assisted by a teacher's aide and another lady who has been teaching for 20+ years to help me with planning and the principal side of things.  I'll have a short and busy summer before I move down to Mountain Home, Idaho early July.

I imagine this will be my last blog post on this blog, maybe some pictures from tomorrow if I remember to take out my phone.

Thanks for following along these last few months.

Farvel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still amazed those kids walked that far. Did you introduce them to smores? You will be home soon!
Next adventure--GRADUATION!!! m/d

Anonymous said...

I am still amazed those kids walked that far. Did you introduce them to smores? You will be home soon!
Next adventure--GRADUATION!!! m/d