Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nearing the End

It's hard to believe but my time here in Denmark is rapidly coming to an end. I only have one more week of school, then most of the kids will be leaving and I will have to say goodbye to them. Some of them probably for a lifetime. I do want to make it back to Denmark someday and hopefully I will be able to meet some of the friends I have made this year.  The kids here have truly become my good friends and family. I will miss them so very much. I have learned a lot about myself this year and I knew for a fact that teaching is the right career path for me. Though now I'm sure if I will stay in the states. There are pros and cons to teaching both places. But we'll just have to see where God sends me.
There is one kid in particular I am going to struggle to say farewell to. His name is Mathias. At the beginning of the year he was hyper and annoying. He was hard to spend any time around because it took so much of your energy just to deal with his. But after spending some time with him, he began calling me big brother. At the beginning it was weird for me, but then it got to the point were I considered him my little brother as well. I have seen him grow so much, he can control his hyperactivity more, he is easier to be around, he listens, and he respects others. I have learned so much about him and his life. I am so glad I have had the opportunity to have him in my life. He truly is part of my family now. Saying goodbye is going to be torture, but nevertheless I have to bear it.

Mathias. If you are reading this I wish you the best in life and hope you don't forget me because I will certainly never forget you. You are the little brother that I never had. Thank you and I love you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Great experience for you. This is just the beginning. There are many more in store for you. There are so many needy places in this world that I know if you are open, God will direct your path. Miss you but am glad you had this year ... I am sure you changed too. God Bless ... are you still heading south? You will go crazy taking pictures of the Dalmation coast. So beautiful! Wish I could be there too. Love ya, Pam