Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Friday, June 29, 2012

To The Students

Its raining now.

It is one day after you all have left. The school is once again eerily reminiscent of those first weeks when we first arrived in Denmark. So much has happened this year, and yet at the same time I feel like it has gone by so fast that I haven't had a chance to do or say anything worthwhile. I will miss you more than I am able to express with simply words. You have become such a close part of my life it feels like something inside of me has left. I am relieved I won't have anyone asking me to open their door (at least until I get to WWU) or drive them somewhere. But at the same time would give anything to take another trip to McDonalds with a few of you piled in the back of Bamse. Unfortunately I know that once I am back in the States, I will begin to recapture my old life and slowly many of the memories will begin to fade. As life continues for myself and for you I am reassured by one thing, even though we are no longer living at the same school, talking about the same things, or going to the same school functions. We will have the this year as a bond between us and will always be able to look back fondly on such a fantastic year.
God Bless,
Jeff

I wish all of the students that I met at Vejlefjord the best in life and I hope we meet again, if not in this life when we get to Heaven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very bittersweet I know. But a year well spent and your world has grown. Will be glad to have you back home. Looking forward to seeing you soon. ~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

jeff, through the wonders of the internet, you will remain close - closer than you may realize right now. 40 years after collonges, my roommate brought his sons and spent a week with us. It was like we never missed a beat. The memories work the other way too, you have just begun your travel life. Imagine the excitement when you can visit them over there once in a while. we'll see you in a about a month. try not to leave anything undone.

we're all very proud
Gary