Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's Been a While...

It's hard to believe that it has been a couple of years since my last post here.  I have wanted to return to Denmark since I left, it has become my second home (sorry Walla Walla, you've been replaced).  I wasn't sure if it would ever happen. As much as I wanted it to, it's a lot of money for a vacation, and I didn't imagine I'd be working there. For those of you who talked to me after I got back, I was planning on an adventure to Hawaii to work for a while.  But as fate would have it, I was offered a job as a teacher at a different school a couple hours north.  So I'm sitting in the airport trying to brush up on my danish. Det er to år siden jeg har talt dansk.

I'm headed to Østervrå friskole and will be teaching English, Math, and PE to the mid-oldest students.  Even though I feel ready, there is a bit more of a challenge presented when you involve a different culture and language.  I remember there were some very different things about the educational system of Denmark last time I was there.

This post is going to be short because I need to save my battery to keep me entertained on my flight.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Thank you for starting up your blog. Put some picture on of your new school, town, etc. I am trying to get the blog information out. Can't wait to you are hooked into all your electronics---I'm sure you are suffering too:) Love, m