Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Of sore arms and famous steel...

We have been in Madrid for a few days now, and I must say, it is quite a small city as far as a capital goes. You can easily walk a circle around the center in a couple of hours; depending on how many shops you go into.
During our first couple of days here we walked around the city, got acquainted with the metro system and said hi to tue royal palace. The weather has been an amazing blessing after being stuck in rainy Denmark for the last couple of months.

Yesterday we ventured out of the city and took a train to Toledo. This is the old capital of Spain. It was so quaint and stereotypically spanish. There was an amazing castle and cathedral amidst the numerous tourist shops and sword venders. Toledo is renowned for it's steel and according to lonely planet it is foolish to visit and not come away with some sort of bladed item. So of course that's what I did. Just a short sword with Toledo etched in the blade. Now to get it home...
After the bus ride back I noticed my left arm was sore, I couldn't figure out why until someone said, your camera is probably too heavy. AHAH! So it is. After carrying the beast round for pretty much 4 days straight my arm was trying to tell me to give it a rest...sorry arm, I'm in Spain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can certainly relate to the arm deal, after shooting Kyle and Jeana's wedding my wrist was on fire. sounds like you are having a great time, good weather helps. keep the posts comming and some of those pics would be great too.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Looked at the photos on line of Toledo. It looks like a charming little city. Guess what pops into my Google search before I even finished typing in Toledo?
.....toledo swords.

Sorry about your arm. You and Dad have the same "disease" A little Advil helps....and switch arms:)

Love, you Mom