Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Stuck between a train door and another train door

Our last day in Madrid was a great day. We had planned on going to the city of Avila, but since we had been going non-stop since Tuesday we decided to have our last day in Madrid be a lazy day. We woke up late and the girls did a little last minute shopping ( ok I did too) then went out to our last night on the town with tapas and boardgames. Yes, boardgames! While searching for a place to eat we came across a place called Cafe Manuela. We noticed the wall of games in the back and a menu of good looking croissant sandwiches. Two big pluses in my book.

Then we were off to the airport, no not the next morning, right after our croissants. Our flight left at 7:10am and we were planning on taking a train to the airport at 4:30, until we were informed that the trains don't start until 6 and the only bus was quite a trek from our hostel, and we weren't doing that again. So Elmer and I decided to spend the night at the airport. The girls again had a different flight, so they got to enjoy one last night in a bed while we "slept" in the airport.
Since we are spending the night in København we contacted an Adventist church a little ways outside the city with free guest rooms. In order to get the key to our room we were supposed to meet up with someone named Josefine. But, we weren't meeting her at the airport, or at the church. We were meeting her at a station somewhere in the middle. As we were approaching the station I called her and told her we were in car 14 and I would wave my hand when I got off the train. We found each other and exchanged pleasantries and a key just as I heard the train whistle scream, "get on or I'm leaving you!" I headed towards the doors as they started shutting. Elmer made it on ok, but with a backpack in front and a backpack behind I am a little thicker than usual. I got caught in the train doors. I have seen enough of Hollywood to know that train doors are like elevators. It your in them when they start closing they open back up. False. These doors close and continue to do so for a good 30 seconds. Here I am half in, and half out. Probably a hilarious sight. When finally the doors did surrender I decided to go ahead and continue inside so as not to delay the train any further.

Now we are in our rather large guest room in Nærum . We will meet the girls tomorrow morning for church at the cafe church. Then its back to Vejlefjord.

This was a great trip.

Vi ses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dont suppose anyone got a picture of you being sandwiched in the door. now that would make a blog post.

Dad