Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Not Quite Perfect...

The student missionaries were in charge of vespers last Friday night.  The speaker, Ashok, spoke about how perfection is not a requirement for being a Christian.  I was talking with one of the other deans the other night and he said something I really liked, "This is not an Adventist school, this is a mission school. There are so many kids here that need our help. An only Adventist school doesn't require any witnessing, but that is all we do."  This quote has helped me when I'm not sure what my purpose at the school is. My purpose is just that I am here. I am here to help, listen, talk, and witness.

For vespers I made a video. It is an interview with all the other student missionaries here at Vejlefjord.  Hope you like it :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff. I like your comment on purpose. This truly is the mission Christ gave us... to help, listen, talk, and witness. And if you can help only but one your mission is not in vain. Mom

Anonymous said...

I happen to believe that perfection is a must, but I also believe in a different interpretation of Matthew 5:48. I don't think of it as an imperative; I think of it as a wonderful conclusion to that portion of the Sermon on the Mount that speaks of how we treat each other.
Uncle Bob

Anonymous said...

This is a test--mom

Anonymous said...

This is a test -Tucson/Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff! Hope all is going great in Denmark. Bruce and I loved the video. Well done, to the point, extending hope and grace! We are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Stay safe and have a wonderful time. Julia