Høngårdsvej

Høngårdsvej

Friday, September 2, 2011

English Class

No, not for me. For kids who are struggling with English.  I have been really impressed with the amount of English spoken here, but there are those who struggle with learning it. Whether it's because they don't like it, have something like dyslexia, or various other reasons. But the school gave us an opportunity to help them if we wanted.  So this week I started helping kids with English. Every week I will have 9 kids at different times and we will explore English together and hopefully help their confidence with speaking English.  Even though they think they aren't good at English, I just remind them that anything they will be better than my Danish.  I'm really excited about the opportunity to be creative with these kids.  I take them out of class during the regular English class, and we get to do whatever we want! Play games, watch tv/movies, play sports, seriously anything.  The other kids in these classes are jealous of the ones who get to spend an hour with us each week because we are more fun than their regular class :)


1 comment:

mom said...

Hi teacher! This sounds like fun. They can learn English and you can learn Danish:)